Saturday, September 12, 2009

Philadelphia's Murals

I like Philadelphia and I like it even more now that I have discovered that they have a Mural Arts program that creates neighborhood murals throughout the city. Here it is, right from their site:

The Mural Arts Program works with more than 100 communities each year to create murals that reflect the culture of Philadelphia's neighborhoods. Mural projects often include stabilization of abandoned lots and revitalization of open spaces. Our community partners include block captains, neighborhood associations, public schools, community development corporations, local nonprofits, and city agencies. We strive to coordinate mural projects with existing strategies for community development, thereby leveraging grassroots social capital to build positive momentum and stronger results.

What a great idea! I wish we had something like this in NYC.....


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Delilah Williams said...

Yes! I agree New York needs a program such as this my family moved to philly a few months back, and I cant get enough of all the beautiful art that is all around.
Hi,
My name is Delilah and I am a free-lance photographer based in NY,I am writing to you because I live in Staten Island and I saw your work at the Kevin Barry Gallery back in June, I would really love to get in contact with the people in charge of the gallery....I've google Kevin Barry and no info is coming up....I was wondering if you could help me? Thank You my email is peachloves3@aol.com

9/27/2009 05:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home